PHOTOBLOG: Art Basel / Miami Art Week 2018

(Miami Beach, Florida) - What started out for me as in an interest in the international art festival that is Art Basel has grown into just short of an obsession to visit South Florida during Miami Art Week.  Art Basel Miami Beach is an annual festival featuring some biggest art galleries and art collectors in the world.  It's where big name celebrities and big name artists and gallery owners converge for one the Art world's most glamorous and high dollar Art exhibitions.  However, a lot more goes on during Miami Art Week than Art Basel.  There are dozens of other art festival locations, gallery exhibitions, showcases and parties happening all over the city as I have learned over several visits over the years.  Last year, I was introduced to Magic City in Little Haiti.  This year, it was the expansive, colorful and wonderfully mural-ed Wynwood Arts District.  Other events in the area you can attend during this jammed packed week of Art include Scope Miami Beach, Pulse Miami Beach, Art of Black Miami and Prizm Art Fair.  The unfortunate part of learning about all these creative spaces to visit is I know I can't possibly visit, much less properly enjoy, them all on one trip.  In 2018, I really spent most of my days at the Conversations area at Art Basel and my evenings in the Wynwood Art District, and once again I learned a lot and saw so much of what is considered Contemporary Artwork.  I'm looking forward to Miami Art Week 2019 and being introduced to new festivals and artists.
























~ safe travels ~

Comments