PHOTOBLOG: NYC: Heavenly Bodies, Paper Dolls, NYFW and more

 (New York, New York) - I enjoy joining the millions of residents and tourists that take pleasure in the entertainment, art, culture and history of the greatest city in the world that is New York

    With an endless amount of amazing experiences to be had in the city, I plan travel to NYC as often as I can.  My latest trip was about Art and a do-over for my last trip to The Metropolitan Museum of Art where I had a tire blow-out on my shoe and was able to enjoy the museum in full.  With a bit of luck in scheduling, I was able to stop by a pop-up exhibit on Bowery Street featuring artwork from an artist with ties to the Dayton area, Karen Fisher.  The trip also happened to coincide with the Spring/Summer '19 edition of New York Fashion Week.  Didn't have much time for shows but I was able to attend a tribute by Project Runway Allstars to designer Mychael Knight and an Emerging Designers showcase closed out by Columbus, OH designer Joan Madison.

    To also add to my experience, I booked my Airbnb in Harlem, a place I have briefly visited but not spent much real time.  This is just a PhotoBlog post but I will tell you my place was fantastic and oddly enough to me next to the Church of Scientology Harlem.

     Below are several photos from my trip, although I probably took less photos on this trip than any other trip anywhere.  I'll blame that on the chill and drizzle that crept in over the weekend.

HARLEM: DINNER AT THE HEIGHTS ROOFTOP AND A WALK THROUGH MARCUS GARVEY PARK





ARTIST KAREN FISHER'S POP-UP EXHIBIT "PAPER DOLLS"






NEW YORK FASHION WEEKS SHOWS










HEAVENLY BODIES: FASHION AND THE 
CATHOLIC IMAGINATION













ZACH OR NO???

~ safe travels ~

Comments