REVIEWS937:The Hall South Beach


Art Appreciation is a new hobby I've been indulging in this year and led me to travel to Miami, Florida this December for the international Art Basel fair on Miami Beach. I knew accommodations would be tough to come by due to the vast amount of visitors coming into the city for the fair, but there are always opportunities if you are willing to put in the time to look.

After some searching I found The Hall South Beach at a very reasonable rate, considering how many hotels increase their prices several percent when a major event is happening.  I noticed the hotel had recently underwent renovations, and combined with the price, those two factors compelled me to book my stay there for my trip.
Nicole was just one of the friendly
staff members that helped throughout
my stay.
The Hall got off to a good start by replying to one of my tweets from @Reviews937 and welcoming me and saying to let them know if there was anything they could do to make my stay more enjoyable.  The good vibes continued after arriving at the hotel to a very friendly bellman and front desk staff that were able to accommodate my early check-in needs. I also appreciated the complimentary use of their umbrellas during the few showers I encountered during my stay.


The Hall itself is a 163-room hotel which has a lot of what you would expect in a boutique Art Deco South Beach hotel in the way of style and décor. More importantly for me, the hotel was clean and in a great location situated on Collins Avenue.  Española Way,  Lincoln Road and the beach were all short walks away, as well as, my main destination at the Miami Beach Convention Center.  The on-site restaurant, Sunny's, from Top Chef alum Spike Mendelsohn offers room service and indoor or courtyard dining and its menu includes a delicious fried avocado taco that was perfect for my Pescetarian diet.  Also, valet service is offered with unlimited in and out privileges.


A 1940s Art Deco classic freshly transformed into a wildly bohemian South Beach boutique hotel, where a break-the-rules vibe is very much alive. Go with it—you can always sleep on the plane. ~ source: JDVhotels.com

No stay is usually with out its problems and I encountered two fairly small ones during my stay.  Their was a malfunction with my flat screen television and the hotel was able to quickly move me to another room once it was clear the repair would take some time.  The only other issue was I had to wait for several minutes to be seated at the restaurant and that was after two same size parties were seated before me.  The service was friendly and apologetic afterwards but that was probably the only disappointing part of my stay.

All in all, the friendly staff, great location, on-site restaurant and outdoor bar are enough positives for me stay at The Hall South Beach on one of my future trips to Miami and recommend the hotel to others.


~Safe Travels~





Comments