Sunrise on Sanibel Island, Florida


(Sanibel, Florida) - Sometimes my travel is based on deals that I'm lucky enough to take advantage of due to my flexible schedule.  My recent trip to Sanibel Island in Florida is one such example. I booked a very economical flight on Frontier Airlines to Ft. Myers, FL which allowed me to be fairly selective in choosing my accommodations for the trip.

After reviewing several locations to stay near Ft. Myers I decided on Sanibel Island and the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa.  I have to say the property lived up to their website's description and actually exceeded my expectations. With a nicely appointed, condominium style property, seashell filled beach, a range of dining options and wide array of activities which included cycling, tennis, kayaking, beach volleyball and more available at the resort, I actually couldn't have asked for a better stay. I might have a few minor comments, but nothing more than personal preferences.

After leaving the resort to go bike riding and then later driving around the island looking for a lunch option, I soon began to realize just how much the island actually had to offer.  The island itself was quiet, picturesque, pedestrian-friendly, laden with attractions & shopping with plenty of dining options. I got my seafood fix in at R C Otter's on neighboring Captiva Island where I had some of my favorite Calamari ever.  If all that wasn't enough, the sunrise over the Gulf of Mexico on Sanibel Island Beach was of the more spectacular that I've seen!

Take a look at a few of the photos and the videos from the island:

 































Comments