New York City - Fashion & Taxis

OHNE TITEL SHOW - MADE FASHION WEEK

LINCOLN CENTER
(New York, NY) - Not all New York Fashion Week is Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week but all Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is New York Fashion Week.  However, if the reports are true, there will be a more unified New York Fashion Week in the future.  Reports are that there will be a new fashion week HQ going forward that will also include the growing Made Fashion Week.  The 2015 Fall/Winter shows will be the last at Lincoln Center and the last under Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week after Mercedes-Benz pulls out their sponsorship of the event this year.


So, it was no coincidence that this year I attended Made Fashion Week for the first time which has a bit of a different feel than its more established, but soon-to-be-gone rival, MBFW.  Based in the Meat Packing District, I think it was the best of both worlds. It had a distinct New York City feel while providing a great venue for the mostly emerging designers. Fashion designers like Ohne Titel showcased their new collections at Milk Studios to young and energetic crowds. I didn't mind that there wasn't as much security and even brand sponsors conspicuously everywhere.  In contrast, more familiar designers and shows like Nicole Miller, Go Red For Women Red Dress Collection, Carolina Herrera and Badgley Mischka were again at Lincoln Center this season and at other offsite MBFW venues as well. Besides the big names designers, you will also find your popular fashion shows and large brands throughout the main hall at Lincon Center.  It really was great experience for anyone who able to attend over these last years..  However, I'm not just in search of big names. I'm just looking for talent and creativity wherever it may be.

MADE FASHION WEEK - LOBBY / CHECK-IN

MILK STUDIOS ELEVATOR

OHNE TITEL SHOW


OHNE TITEL SHOW


OUTSIDE MILK STUDIOS

There are 100 of shows and presentations spread out all of the city and not all of them are under any of these major organizations' brands.  What all these shows do share in common is that they feature the latest fashion trends, imagined in a variety of fabrics & styles and cover the hungriest and most motivated models anywhere.  I enjoy all the shows equally.  As long as the artistry and craft is on full display, it doesn't matter if it's their first show or if it's a fashion icon.  I want to leave the show feeling like I saw the result of talent, creativity and hard work and as a bonus, be wrapped up in the the experience that is New York City.

A Little Late To The Party!
I found getting to all these shows on-time may a bit of challenge, however.  I learned the hard way New York's reliable subway system is probably a better alternative to New York's reliably busy road traffic system. I stubbornly, spent 3 hours in taxis on Thursday alone.  I also made the mistake of catching the Super Shuttle from LaGuardia airport which cost me a couple of hours especially since I was the last stop and traffic was as dense as ever. It was also NBA All-Star Week which probably didn't help transit matters much. I still recommend taking the bus and subway from the airport which should cost you no more than $5.00 and get you where you are going on schedule.  I will definitely avoid taxis the next time I'm there for shows.



The fashion world is looking forward to seeing what the final look of the new New York Fashion Week shows in 2016 and beyond will look like.  I'm looking forward to my next trip to The Big Apple! The city truly never sleeps!

You can read more about the fashion week changes here.

Randomly Spotted

THE HUDSON HOTEL

CATCH NYC

THE HUDSON HOTEL

BIGGIE SMALL CHILLIN @ BEAUTY AND ESSEX

Comments

  1. I have heard a lot about these fashion NYC events but haven’t attended any of it. Anyway I will be visiting NYC after a week for some work and after completing it I will be free for a day or two. So please keep updating about these events, I will definitely attend one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment