Fused Glass Artwork Class @ Studio 'G'


(Centerville, OH) - I'm always looking for new things to try and I took a big interest in glass artwork after watching several Dale Chihuly DVDs and seeing some of his and other artists' glass works at the Dayton Art Institute.  At our last Oktoberfest here in Dayton, one of the booth vendors happened to be Studio "G" A Creative Art Glass Studio.

Studio "G" not only creates made to order pieces but they also offer classes for you to make your own artwork.  You should see their Ohio State Buckeyes and Cincinnati Bengals pieces that are, not surprisingly, in high demand right now. However, I'm always more interested in DIY so taking a class and making my own design seemed much more interesting to me.

The class teaches glass fusing, as opposed to glass blowing which made Dale Chihuly famous. In our glass fusing class we picked the color glass, cut and grinded some decorative pieces and held them all together with a secret ingredient. (I'll let you take the class to find out what that is.) The pieces are then placed in a kiln so they are fused together. Then, the fused piece is placed back in the kiln on a pre-selected mold.






I'd advise you to take the class to get all the details and see all the different colors, decorations and possible molds that are available. I was very pleased with my finished piece and plan to display it proudly in my home if some big museum doesn't come calling first.



Comments