SPECIAL HOLIDAY POST: The Legendary Lights At Clifton Mill


     (Clifton Mill, OH) - I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I love this time of year and just had to make a special post for my trip this week to the legendary lights at Clifton Mill.

     I've seen the pictures and I always hear about Clifton Mill every year, but somehow I manage to 'wait til next year' every year.  Well, this year I decided...no I didn't decide, I just jumped off the couch, threw everybody in the car and finally made my way to Clifton Mill without giving myself a chance to talk myself out it. I'm very glad I did!

    There were plenty of displays and things you'll really enjoy, but just a few of the main attractions include: the Miniature Village which includes a tiny version of the house from A Christmas Story, a football stadium where the Ohio State University marching band does Script Ohio, the Santa Claus Museum where you actually get to see Santa climb up the chimney, an awesome synchronized light and music show featuring the old covered bridge and, of course, the beautiful waterfalls - one made by nature and one made of thousands of twinkling lights.

Clifton Mill is open every night from now until January 1st.  Gates open every day at 5 pm and the lights come on at 6 pm.  Gates close at 9:30 pm; lights go off 30 minutes after gates close. There's Free Parking and the Cost is $10 per person, Ages 6 and under are Free, as well as, other various discounts you can find on their website.  And thankfully, they do take credit cards!  So, if you're in or near Southwestern Ohio, plan a trip or do I like I did and Just Go! to Clifton Mill.  You'll be glad you did.  Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

For more details, visit their website at http://www.cliftonmill.com/.


 




Comments