Vinoklet Winery, Restaurant & Vineyard


(Cincinnati, OH) - Vinoklet Winery, Restaurant & Vineyard is an award winning winery located in Southern Ohio on the outskirts of Cincinnati, OH.  I visited the location for dinner recently and was glad to discover another location that offers more than just your standard dining experience.

The evening started off with a wine tasting of both whites and reds combined with a little history of the vineyard. I'm not enough of a wine connoisseur to really tell you how Ohio grapes stand up against those of France, Italy or even Napa Valley but I think with their wide selection any wine drinker can find a bottle that suits their palette. After the tasting, you can choose a half or whole bottle of wine to accompany the entree you select to go along with the buffet.  However, when they first announced we would be grilling our own entree I was little apprehensive, but I think that turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the experience.  The entree selection that evening included steak, chicken, pork chops, salmon, shrimp and swordfish. I chose the swordfish with Jamaican seasonings for my grilling option which turned out to be a good choice. You can first visit the buffet for soup, salad and bread and later return with your entree for mash potatoes, corn and string beans. So, after a small salad, I headed to the grill area where I was handed my swordfish and picked up some grilling utensils.  The grilling area features a long rectangular charcoal grill where all diners can prepare their entrees at the same time. For your convenience, there is board that tells you the standard grill times for each type of entree. Besides having the hottest, freshest piece of meat possible on your plate, I think the best part about grilling my own swordfish was that I didn't have to prepare or clean the grill afterwards.

 

Being that Vinoklet is a working vineyard, I'm sure I would have enjoyed the experience even more in the Spring and Summer months when the vines are full of grapes and leaves. However, even during the Winter months, it's not hard to imagine how beautiful the landscape would be as you look out over the vineyard from the restaurant. Vinoklet can be booked for weddings and corporate events and host an annual Art & Wine Festival. I recommend Vinoklet for wine lovers and for even those that are not. I think the dining experience and views alone are worth the trip.  It's a nice,close getaway for people living in Southern Ohio and quaint destination for those traveling from further away.

You can visit Vinoklet's website here to find out more.

Comments

  1. Good to know about this restaurant. Well I am looking for nice Boston restaurants which are best for parties and where we can do theme decorations also as per our choice. Can you suggest me good venues?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment