Winter In Miami Beach


(Miami, FL) -Ohio Winter's are about 11 months long now so I have resigned myself to taking a trip to Miami, Florida every January for the foreseeable future.  No parties, no nightlife, just beach, food, sleep, repeat. I absolutely couldn't have picked a better time for the trip this year as the weather was perfect.  80° days and low 70° nights in January.  Could you ask for anything better?  The only two drawbacks of the whole trip were that I arrived at the hotel a little early for check-in and spent a couple of hours in jeans.  The second was the flights going down and coming back were fairly miserable.

I flew Frontier Airlines for probably only my third time.  However, I don't remember them having all the extra fee opportunities. You pay for checked bags, carry-on bags, leg-room, all drinks & snacks, among other things.  I wasn't too upset with that though because I had such a good fare and was just happy to get out of the Ohio cold for a while.  However, what was a problem was the leg room on my initial flight down.  I had upgraded to Select seating but that didn't provide any measurable, additional comfort on my flight. The cramped quarters made it impossible for me at 6'2" to get some sleep or enjoy the flight in any way.  I solved that problem by upgrading my upgrade on my return trip to Stretch Seating for a total of 30 additional dollars.  It was completely worth every cent.  Stretch Seating is basically Frontier's equivalent to First Class and also allows you to board the plane first if that matters to you; just no free drinks, snacks or hot towel.  The biggest problem, however, was what all air travelers fear the most which, of course, is the dreaded delay. We had a 3 hour and 15 minute delay at Miami International due to maintenance, but what was probably even worse was the 45 minutes or so we had to sit on the runway after landing waiting for a gate to open up for us.  Now, these issues were mostly out of Frontier's control, but were none-the-less extremely frustrating.  Kudos to Frontier Airlines though for making the effort and emailing me with a $30 credit for future travel.  Although the credit only has a 3 month window from the date issued, that's better than the zero response I've gotten in similar situations from other airlines. Bottom line, I will certainly fly Frontier Airlines again, but it is just best to know what you are getting into no matter what airline you use to make sure your travel is as comfortable as possible.  Each airline has their own fare and baggage rules and handle unpleasant situations differently.

So, let me tell you about the actual trip, now. Better yet, let me just show you!

Stayed at the TOWNHOUSE MIAMI. I recommend it.  Clean, steps from the beach and very friendly & helpful staff.

Stayed at the TOWNHOUSE MIAMI. I recommend it.  Clean, steps from the beach and very friendly & helpful staff.

Stayed at the TOWNHOUSE MIAMI. I recommend it.  Clean, steps from the beach and very friendly & helpful staff.


Stayed at the TOWNHOUSE MIAMI. I recommend it.  Clean, steps from the beach and very friendly & helpful staff.


Walk from Hotel to the Beach


MIAMI BEACH


MIAMI BEACH


LINCOLN RD MALL
LINCOLN RD MALL


Happened upon a Peter Lik Gallery - (Lincoln Rd Mall)


LINCOLN RD MALL


Paella at AURA - Lincoln Rd Mall

Tearful Ride Back to Miami International Airport (MIA)




Comments

  1. Great blog you people have maintained there, I totally appreciate the work. Touring Miami

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment