Sunday Night Football @ Heinz Field



(Pittsburgh, PA) -  I took an unexpected trip to Pennsylvania last Sunday when one of my Pittsburgh Steelers loving friends wanted to check out NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL featuring the Baltimore Ravens versus the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I hadn't been to a Steelers game before or a Sunday Night Football game so it was an easy decision to make the barely 4-hour drive over to the Steel City.

If you've never been, Pittsburgh is a typical Midwestern city, so it feels a lot like Cincinnati to me just a lot of black and gold instead of black and orange.  Heinz Field didn't have much of a Wow factor but being 13 year old stadium and home to a storied, blue-collar type team it was about what I expected.  I also still hope to visit a stadium one day that manages to give you a little elbow room while seated but this wasn't it.

Fortunately, I picked a good game for my first trip to Heinz Field because besides being a Sunday night game, the Steelers retired 'Mean' Joe Greene's #75 at halftime and he was one of my favorite players growing up.  Also, I got to see Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger break an NFL 2 game, touchdown record by throwing for 6 TDs in consecutive games.

I'm not sure I'll see another game at Heinz Field, but maybe they'll play my Minnesota Vikings soon and I'll be back to cheer my own team?

Oh, and the Steelers won 43-23!





Comments